I know God has saved me. I know I love Him and want to follow him. But, standing in front of others, being submerged in water, going public with my faith… the thought of it all makes me nervous.
Is this you? You’re not alone. Let’s walk through this next step together.
Are you ready?
At some point in our lives, we asks ourselves one question: “What DO I believe?”
If you’re on this page, that means you have chosen God and you believe He made a path for you to come to Him. That’s cause to celebrate!!
Baptism is a celebration of your salvation – the moment you choose to pour your heart out to God and turn to Him. Trusting Him with your life. Salvation is the decision, Baptism is the rejoicing, or sharing it, with others.
Instead of listing a lengthy article, we will give you a few bullet points as an overview. However, we encourage you to send your questions to us so we can walk with you through this journey.
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house.
At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptized.
The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God—he and his whole household.Acts 16:31-34
Baptism in a nutshell…
- You DON’T have to have it all together to commit yourself to God (John 5:24)
- All you need to be ready for Baptism is a willing heart to follow Him
- Baptism does not mean you will instantly make better choices, but it DOES mean putting your desires second and trusting God fully. (Psalm 31:14-15)
- Baptism is important because it represents our inner transformation. Once someone accepts God, the Holy Spirit stays with us; guiding us through life’s hardships. Baptism is a public acknowledgement of that change.
1 Peter 3:21
“and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,”
- Why go for a dunk under? Immersion represents Jesus’ death and ressurection. Just as he died, your “old life” dies. Your “new life” (making choices to follow God’s plan for you) begins with emerging out of the water. (Romans 6:3-5)
- Re-baptism is real. For those who were unsure or maybe a child at the time of Baptism, we invite you to explore this next step in your faith. Baptism is your commitment to God – you are the only one who can decide when your heart is ready to follow Him.
- You are not alone. Pastor Brian provides counseling on Baptism – so you can be certain this is your next step and that you are fully prepared.
And if you’re more of a numbers person…
Between the GA Baptist Mission Board and Center for Applied Research,
this averages to 18,887 baptisms per week
Ready to Go Public?
It is the most important decision you’ll ever make, but it doesn’t have to be scary. We will help every step of the way
I’ve been Baptized – What Now?
Here’s a few tips on furthering your faith after you’ve taken the leap.